Baby Bailey
26 Weeks on Thursday
On Thursday I will be 26 weeks, 2 weeks away from the third and finally trimester. AHHHH!! We are getting very excited and a bit anxious! Since about Christmastime I've been able to feel this little girl kicking away but it wasn't until this weekend that Jeff was able to feel her kicking. It was an amazing moment that I will always remember.
| 25 weeks |
The Nursery
Jeff has been working very hard on the nursery. Before getting started on the nursery he had to spend many hours in the attic. After adding more insulation, free standing and stapling to the walls, and fixing the entry to the attic the draft seems to be gone in the nursery! With that problem fixed, he then had to prime the walls and closest, then paint the walls, closest and trim. He also put up the new blinds. It is looking and feeling so much better in this room! He still needs to do some electrical work, put in the custom closest organizer that he is designing, and clean the room of all the painting supplies and such before we can start moving in furniture but we are getting closer!The walls are gray and we plan on using pink as the accent color. The furniture is white. We will be passing on my childhood white wicker furniture that I got from my Grandma and Grandpa Baird to baby Bailey.
| View from inside the nursery to the hallway |
| The lighting isn't the best in this picture but this the view from the hallways looking into the nursery |
Registries
We have completed our registries. We are registered at Target and Babies R Us. We didn't registry for items like bottles, wipes, and diapers because we really aren't sure what type or brand to use so we are leaving that up to you guys!:) We also didn't register for clothes because we would love to have a little piece of style from everyone :). Jeff and I plan on purchasing the bedding at a later time, still not sure exactly what we want to do. I'm thinking chevron (pink and white) or nature based (trees) or very classic girly (damask). The last thing we did not put on the registry but would love to get for our little girl is a library of books! We want to fill her room with books that she can look through and play with but also the classics that we can read to her and she can grow into. I know we have so many friends and family that are book lovers and we would love to hear your favorite children's book! If you do get a book for baby Bailey we would love if you would put your name inside the book and maybe a little message for her to read one day.
Back to School
Jeff
As he has for the last 2.5 years Jeff is taking classes this semester towards his associates in mechanical design in addition to working full time (he is a BUSY man!). The good news is that he is taking 1 class this semester instead of his usual 2 classes. He is looking forward to finishing his associates within the next year and then transferring to Ferris State University to complete his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
Jen
As my provisional teaching license is coming upon expiration in the summer of 2015 I have started taking the steps to get my professional teaching license. I took my first master's class this past summer and I will be completing my second class this winter. After I complete this course and my fifth year of teaching, I will be able to apply for my professional teaching license. I will then be taking a break from classes but do plan on eventually getting my master's degree in early childhood development.
| My 1st graders snowshoeing on our school's property |
So.... we are off to a busy start this year but I am very grateful and excited for what is to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment