In September of 2010 I had just moved to Grand Rapids for a teaching position. I had spent the previous year in Lansing teaching after four fabulous years at the University of Michigan. Anyway, my dad and sister Nicole decided that since I didn't know anyone and was single, that they would sign me up for eHarmony. I was quite shocked to get the email welcoming me to the site(they forgot to tell me after they signed me up) but I decided to try it out. Let's just say the first couple of dates were not good. I was starting to doubt this method of dating when I received a message from Jeff. After reading his flattering email and talking on the phone for just over two hours (yes, I know, very shocking!) I decided to give it one last shot. We decided to meet at TGIF next to the mall, for two reasons: it was a public place and easy get away (let me remind you that my first couple of dates were NOT good) and the mall was one of the few places I actually knew how to get to at this point. As you may have guessed, this date went very well :). At this time Jeff was working in assembly by day and playing guitar in a band called Vegas Knife Fight by night.
July 2011 - We got engaged.

Jeff popped the question on July 23rd, the day before his birthday. I was very surprised because I was under the impression that we were spending the weekend camping and going to Cedar Point to celebrate his birthday but he had much bigger plans.
May 2012 - Bought our first house.

We bought our house in May and spent most of the summer working on it (except for when we got married and spent a week in a cabin in the upper peninsula for our honeymoon). You see, the house has great bones but it wasn't taken care of appropriately in the couple years prior to our purchase. The owner had to move quickly because of a job change and instead of selling it they rented it out. Let's just say the renters did NOT take care of the house at all. Not only did the scent of cat pee overwhelm you as you walked in but every room needed a little painting and touching up. We moved into the house in July 2012 and have continued work on the house with the help of our friends and family. We are still hoping to finish painting the last couple of rooms and getting the last bathroom in working condition before the baby comes in April! It has been a lot of hard work and sweat but we have already made so many memories in the adventure of remodeling our first home! If you ever want to come by to help or just to visit let us know! We would love to have you!
June 2012 - We got married.
On June 29th we were married at Holy Childhood of Jesus Catholic Church in Harbor Springs, Mi. We were surrounded by friends and family as we declared our love and commitment for each other. After the wedding we had our reception at Birchwood Farms Country Club. It truly was the best day of my life!
August 2012 - We took Josie home.
Josie and her 8 siblings were born to Maya Pfeifle on June 1st. We were able to take Josie home when she was 8 weeks old. Josie is full of energy and love. It has been quite an adventure but we love her more than we ever thought was possible!
September 2012 -
On September 22nd we lost my dad after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. He is very loved and missed but I know he is with us still.
August 2013 - We found out we are pregnant!
In early August we found out that I was pregnant; we were very excited! In late November we found out we are having a baby girl. In late November I was also diagnosed with placenta previa but we found out at our last appointment in late December that the issue had resolved itself and we are back to a "normal pregnancy". Baby Bailey is due on April 25, 2014. Jeff and I are very excited to meet this little girl that we love so much already!
![]() |
| 20 weeks |
Phewww... that was a lot! Hopefully I didn't bore you too much and you will visit our blog again. Please feel free to leave comments, we love to read them!






OMG! Jen I love love love it, what an amazing job you have done re capping your life in the past few years. You are so blessed friend! Love you!
ReplyDelete